1. Welcome! We're a diverse community of gamers of all ages and locations that have one thing in common: we love to play Minecraft. We've set up shop in our own corner of the Internet and welcome you to join; you will fit right in. Head over here to see the selection of servers we have available at the moment. Get started by creating an account and introducing yourself - be sure to drop by Discord and have a chat!

News: Vanilla Dawn of a new world!

Discussion in 'News and Events' started by Kroniaq, Mar 1, 2016.

?

What do you think we should do with the End?

Poll closed Mar 8, 2016.
  1. Reset the End monthly

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Sell the Elytra on the market

10 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. Just leave it as is and let the Elytra be extremely rare

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  4. Other (please explain in a post below)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 8 users.
  1. Kroniaq

Kroniaq General of the Chicken Hordes
    Staff Member Dedicated

Mojang:
    Kroniaq
    [​IMG]

Hello everyone! I am here to give you some information for the upcoming map, Dawn.
    As has already been stated, the new map will be amplified terrain generation, yay mountains! It will have a world border of 6,000 x 6,000. We should have the majority of our plugins (I've missed the depths so much!) on release, with some exceptions and changes. Oh, did I mention release is today?

Notably, flux is being removed, and all teleports will be free. This is subject to change in the future.

Also, we are replacing Grief Prevention with Claim Manager (used on the STB server). It works fairly similar to GP. Starting out, you have 4,096 claim blocks to use for free (each block includes the entire y-axis from bedrock to the build height). After you have used those, you can purchase more claim blocks for 0.39 shards each. To create a claim, select two opposing corners using a wooden axe, then type in “/region claim <name>”. You can make subzones within your claim using the same command, just remember to select two different corners on the y axis! A video will be available on the site soon(TM). You can add friends to your claim/sub-zone by typing “/region addmember <region name> <player name>”. You can change flags in your claims/sub-zones (such as enabling/disabling pvp) with the command, "/region flag <region name> <flag name> <allow/deny/none>". The available flags are: pvp, build (placing/breaking blocks), use (redstone stuff like buttons, doors, pressure plates etc), and chest-access (ability to open chests, furnaces, etc). To remove a claim, type /region remove <region name>.

Here is a somewhat lengthy video outlining the major features of the plugin:

Finally for the end of the post, THE END! I mean, we'd like your thoughts on the End. As you all know, the End has had a pretty big revamp in 1.9 with the ability to respawn the dragon, more landmass, a new monster, a new plant, a new dungeon, and the Elytra. The dungeons in the End can be few and far and between as it is, and not every single one even generates an Elytra. I'm worried that there will end up being a shortage of Elytra on the server as players set out across the End, pillaging End ships like void vikings. For technical reasons we can't currently do an End depths, which would handily solve that potential issue. The way we see it there are 3 options: 1. Reset the End monthly (would prevent people from building homes/cities in the end, as well as Enderman grinders); 2. Sell the Elytra on the market (for a high price); or 3. Just leave it as is and let the Elytra be extremely rare (like a good steak). Please vote in the poll above, and leave comments or suggestions in a post below.

#1 Kroniaq, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2016
  2. MyMagicalFries

MyMagicalFries Trusted by The Gods
    Dedicated

Mojang:
    N/A
    I know the elytra is some sort of cape, but what exactly does it do?

3. calibratedOddity

calibratedOddity Trusted by The Gods

Mojang:
    N/A
    Egad! The Elytra are wings, with which a player can glide. Not powered flight, mind you, only gliding.

Kroniaq likes this.
  4. Morbes

Morbes Creeperphobic

Mojang:
    morbes
    As a very casual player with limited playtime, I will never be able to get an Elytra unless they are sold on the market. Let's make them at least somewhat accessible!

5. calibratedOddity

Mojang:
    N/A
    Or maybe somehow craftable. I can't imagine how, though

6. ninjapanda2626

ninjapanda2626 Always AFK
    Dedicated

Mojang:
    NinjaPanda2626
    I'm not going to support elytras getting put on the market for all the lazy bums on the server to put in minimal work to get! I put my blood, sweat and tears into getting this elytra, and to see this happening is disgusting! It's people like you who are destroying this country! #MakeSurvivorServerGreatAgain #Panda2016 /s Selling Elytras actually sounds like a good idea.

calibratedOddity and Kroniaq like this.
  7. calibratedOddity

Mojang:
    N/A
    Wrapped up in the election eh? Super Tuesday ranks above the level of any holiday in my house

8. sicobrain

sicobrain The Offical Swaggasaurus Rex

Mojang:
    N/A
    End depths wiped month or every 3 months

9. Kroniaq

Staff Member Dedicated

Mojang:
    Kroniaq
    There won't be an End depths. The only End dimension players will have access to is the one attached to Dawn.

10. Kroniaq

Staff Member Dedicated

Mojang:
    Kroniaq
    Everyone's End chest contents have been moved over. Go to /spawn and look for your chest nearby!

11. smallestbear

smallestbear Server Slayer

Mojang:
    SmallestBear
    will our /chest content be moved as well? (only just found out about the reset :p)

12. LordRengence

LordRengence Overlord of the Penguins
    Staff Member Dedicated

Mojang:
    LordRengence
    /chest was not planned to be moved. The mod is also currently out of date.

13. smallestbear

smallestbear Server Slayer

Mojang:
    SmallestBear
    can I still get some of my items moved across?

14. sicobrain

sicobrain The Offical Swaggasaurus Rex

Mojang:
    N/A
    Chancer :p

15. Kroniaq

Staff Member Dedicated

Mojang:
    Kroniaq
    Nothing got moved from the 1.8 server at all, the enderchest inventories we moved were from the snapshot server.

smallestbear likes this.
  16. Dasfaust

Dasfaust Rocket people, perhaps you've heard of them?
    Staff Member

Mojang:
    Dasfaust
    Region creation has been fixed.

Kroniaq likes this.